Terms & Conditions
Dusk is a trading name of Dusk Furniture Ltd. By placing an order with Dusk you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions as outlined below. If you would like to discuss any of these with us please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com .
- Orders made will be subject to the Terms & Conditions and are subject to the acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
- Orders are subject to availability.
- On placement we will acknowledge your order within 24 hours via email where we will indicate your order has been received, the items ordered, payment total and postage costs (if applicable) and additionally will clarify the availability of stock.
- Acceptance of your order takes place on dispatch. We will contact you once your order has been dispatched.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse or limit your order for any reason, including but not limited to, credit review, the unavailability of a product or errors in prices and product descriptions posted on the website.
- We reserve the right to discontinue products.
- We provide a worldwide shipping service if requested. At present we cannot accept overseas orders online. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require shipping outside the UK.
Cancellations and Amendments
- You have the right to cancel your order at any time before your 24 hour confirmation email is received.
- We will endeavor to accommodate any changes after the order has been placed, if you wish to make an amendment, please contact us on email@example.com .
- Every effort is made to ensure that the products we supply correspond as closely as possible to the samples displayed in our stores, shown in our catalogue or online, but due to the hand-made nature of many of our products there might be slight variations. No responsibility can be accepted for these variations. These could include, but are not limited to, slight differences in shades of fabric or dimensions of products.
- Please bear in mind that computer browsers may present colours slightly differently.
- All prices are quoted in British Pounds Sterling.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable) and exclude delivery charges.
- Prices on our website supersede prices published in other or previous publications.
- We reserve the right to alter prices either up or down, including any variations to any applicable VAT.
- Full payment must be made before any products are dispatched from our warehouse.
- All forms of payment are taken in a secure environment.
- We accept Paypal, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. For other types of cards please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org .
General Delivery Terms & Conditions
- After receiving your online order, we will contact you via email within 24 hours to confirm your order.
- We encourage deliveries to occur between Monday and Fridays, please feel free to provide an alternative delivery address such as your office address.
- For items which are sent via registered post or a courier, if you are not at home to receive your goods, you will receive a notification card from the delivery provider. Please arrange with them directly for re-delivery or pick-up directly with them. Therefore please ensure that someone is normally at the address to which you have requested your products be sent during working hours or may we suggest that, at the point of placing your order, you ask for delivery to your place of work.
- It is your responsibility to measure both the access and final resting space of your pieces of furniture. Should we deliver an item and find it will not fit due to lack of measuring, we will be obliged to charge a collection fee of twice the actual delivery charge.
- Once furniture products ordered are available, we are happy to store the items for up to one month at no cost. At the end of this period, storage will be charged on a weekly basis at 5% of the order total until the goods are delivered.
- 48 hours notice is required for cancellation of a pre-arranged delivery.
- All items must be signed for at the point of delivery. In signing the delivery note, you are acknowledging that the item(s) delivered are in good condition and in no way faulty or damaged.
- You are responsible for checking that all details and aspects of your order are correct and suitable for your requirements, including measurements, quantities, dimensions, product features, colours and textures.
Furniture Delivery Terms & Conditions
- Furniture refers to beds, bedroom furniture, dining, lounges, office and garden furniture.
- Due to the rustic effect of much of the wood we use and the handmade quality of the furniture, each piece is likely to be slightly different in measurements, appearance, colour and finish. Dimensions may differ by up to +/- 3cm from the sizes given on this website: to avoid disappointment on the day, please bear this in mind when measuring your space and ordering your furniture.
- Please ensure you measure the access from the street to the room you intend to locate your furniture. It is important to ensure that pieces will fit up stairs, through hallways and door frames. Unfortunately, for insurance reasons our delivery teams will not be able to remove windows or doors to deliver items. For long-term maintenance of your furniture and furnishings, please ensure that they are not placed within proximity of 1-metre from heat sources.
- Our drivers and staff will deliver to ground floor level only. We do not have equipment or insurance to winch items through windows.
- Please note this is a door to door service and it is your responsibility to ensure you are able to move furniture items inside to their final locations without the assistance of our drivers/delivery team.
- Should no one be present to receive the furniture at the pre-arranged time, a relevant delivery fee will be charged, (irrespective of your invoice) for re-delivery.
- If your order consists of accessory items and furniture items then they will usually be dispatched separately.
- In these circumstances, the £50 delivery charge will be payable only (mainland England addresses only) and this will be taken at point of order.
- In the rare event that goods are received faulty or damaged please contact us via email at email@example.com on receipt. We will arrange a replacement or refund.
- Any refunds will be issued to the card used when placing the order.
- If for any other reason you are unhappy with any item that is a standard delivery accessory item, please return the item(s) along with a completed returns form within 14 days of receiving the goods. Providing the item(s) are still in a completely saleable condition and in their original packaging, we will issue a full refund.
- If you need to return furniture and non-standard delivery goods please contact customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangement with you for the collection/return of your item(s).
- If the packaging has not been retained, Dusk will charge a restocking fee of 25% of the total order value.
- Refunds will be issued to the card which was used to place the order once we have received the item(s) back in our warehouse.
- Please note that we will not refund the initial delivery charges except if the item(s) are being returned due to damage or a fault.
- The cost of returning goods is your responsibility and the item(s) are your responsibility until they arrive at the warehouse. We therefore recommend using a recorded delivery service for returns.
- We reserve the right to repair an item rather than replacing it.
- The wood used in our furniture products often has a rustic look making each item slightly different in measurements, appearance, colour and finish. We will not exchange items on a ‘like for like’ basis purely on the grounds of the character of the wood.
- Unfortunately we are unable to exchange or refund bespoke or custom sized pieces, or pieces that have had custom upholstery made as part of the order.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit your order for any reason, including, but not limited to, credit review, the unavailability of a product or errors in prices and products descriptions posted on the website.
- Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your order shall be limited to the purchase price.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act (1998) we are required to inform you that we have recorded your name and address on our computer for the sole purpose of processing your order and keeping you up to date with Dusk news and offers.
Title and Risk
- The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the goods will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the goods, including delivery charge.
Our Right to Vary These Terms and Conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the confirmation email (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the item(s).
Law and Jurisdiction
- The laws of England and Wales govern these Terms and Conditions and all disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.